Sunday, March 04, 2007

Poodle Fetish



More tails from the archives....
In the summer of 2005, Poodle was lucky enough to be included on a trip to Cortez CO, to participate in a weeklong beginner archeology class. It was nearly his last adventure.... Poodle had been hanging on the back of my backpack during a tour of the Anasazi village site where we would be digging the next day. Ducking under a low branch, I felt a little tug on the backpack, but thought nothing of it. A few minutes later, one of my classmates called out, "Look, a fetish!" I turned to see a very frightened Poodle being held aloft. Everyone had a good laugh, (except Poodle), and he spent the rest of the trip inside the backpack pocket. Well, almost. He did get out to help me dig in my pit the next day, and he helped check for artifacts in the tray. He didn't find much, just a few potsherds and tool flakes. He was still too unnerved from being declared a fetish the previous day to focus very well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home